Legalizing marijuana in California is becoming harder to choose a side. Yes, I've tried it seen others do it but it's just not my thing. I know a lot of youth who are able to get their hands on it as easy as alcohol. There are already 3 states that have legalized it. So I wanted to learn more about it. So far it's still a toss up. I think its ridiculous that one of the main reasons it was banned was because it was a way to arrest Mexicans that smoked and some African Americans. This drug is used for medicinal purposes, has had maybe one or two causes of deaths while alcohol is available to purchase and has been the cause of many deaths. But on the other hand the use of this drug has been seen to cause substance abuse at a young age. I think history has over exaggerated the use of the drug and people need to know the truth that it can be dangerous just like alcohol but can also have a benefit. This plant was once required by farmers to grow, heck even George Washington grew it on his property. But they have seen that the amount of THC in marijuana has increased over time.
For me currency played a big factor when searching for sources. A lot of the times there is no date for the article written. Another helpful tool was ads, I noted some sites were full of ads. Some things I still want to look up are the amount people who are imprisoned because of weed. And how, if any, these 3 other states have improved with the legalization.
No comments:
Post a Comment